Happy New Year from the CDGE! As you prepare for your spring semester, please keep in mind the following programs at the CDGE. Please attend and also feel free to encourage community members to engage. If this list looks daunting, we encourage you to keep abreast of upcoming events on or google calender.
MLK 2012 Celebration
- Jan 17 MLK Interfaith Prayer Breakfast, 8am Babcock Dining. RSVP here.
- Jan 17 Living and Learning from CRASH. A Workshop. 4-8:30pm including dinner. Lean Lecture Hall. Sign up here.
- Jan 18 Global Leaders Dinner. Celebrate King, Mandela, Mother Theresa and more. Babcock Dining Hall
- Jan 19 Campus Climate Summit (Follow-up to the open forum held in Lowry fall semester) 11am, Babcock Dining Hall. Please contact us if you would like to be part of this event.
- Jan 24 “Waiting for Superman” Film screening and discussion. Lean Lecture Hall 6:30pm
- Jan 26 “Examining the Education-Prison Pipeline” Kauke 038 7:00-8;30pm.
- Conversations in Global Engagement (Social Sciences). Please RSVP here. Babcock Dining Hall Jan 19 5:15pm.
- Ambassadors Dinner. Wooster Inn Jan 25 at 7pm.
- I-Seminar. Babcock Dining Hall. Jan 26, Feb 2, 9, 16 and 23rd, 11am to 1pm. Students present inter-disciplinary IS projects that are in-progress. Lunch is provided. Topics include social justice, identity, culture and art, and global engagement. See our Wiki for more details.
- Off Campus Studies -Worldly Wednesdays 4-6pm – Jan 25, Feb 29, Mar 28 and Apr 28.
- Ambassadors program application deadline – Feb 1 at 11:59 pm
- “Debating for Democracy- “Letter to an Elected Official” Due at 4pm Feb 1st to Director of Project Pericles Thomas Tierney.
- Conversations in Global Engagement (Athletics). Please RSVP here. Babcock Dining Hall Feb 2 6:30pm.
- Ambassadors and Girl Scouts Thinking Day – Saturday Feb 18 from 1-4, Wishart.
- “After the Cameras have Gone” Global Engagement Network Summit. February 25. Invited guests include Dr. Elaine Enarson and Trent McNelly.
- “One Year After the Arab Spring.” Robin Wright and others. Co-sponsored with Great Decisions. February 27. 4:30pm “Live from the CDGE” and Lecture at 7:30pm
- C-3 (Cross-Cultural Connections) Nuclear Power Panel. February 28, 7-8:30, Lean Lecture Hall
- Intercultural Leadership Institute (Tentative March 30-31 or 4/13-14).
- Sufi Orders that Crossed Borders. April 4th and 5th (Tentative)
- WE (Wooster Ethnic) Fair – Saturday April 21, Wayne County Fairgrounds
- Safe Zone Training (Date TBA) will include lunch and a Facilitated Dialogue on GLBTQ issues.